Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Cans


A while back in this post, I mentioned that each month I was going to work with my little one's to give back to their community.  For January they each adopted a child and so for February, I thought a food drive would be fun.  Numerous friends commented on my previous post about also wanting to get involved so instead of my three simply purchasing some food to donate, I made it fun and invited over a bunch of friends to participate as well.  Twenty two boys and girls filled the house for pizza, cookies and wine for the moms to have a little party on a Tuesday night and give back to those less fortunate.  Some of the children bought the food with their own allowance while others went through their pantry to see what they could share.  We had such a great time and the kids really did a fabulous job of filling up my dining room table with a TON of canned and non-perishable food.  It was such an easy way to show children that even though they are young, they can still make a big impact when they work together.


 We all had so much fun and I am looking forward to putting together something else for March!

Thank you to all the friends that participated! 

Post a Comment

previous next