Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Product Review: The Little Green Pouch


Food in pouches.
This was a genius invention.
When Baby Girl was just starting baby foods, I remember how excited I was that her food was now available in pouches.  GENIUS!  
Food available in pouches are now staples for our family and thrown into every lunch ever packed, no matter where we were going.
The only downside is that they do create a lot of waste (plastic thrown out all the time!) and do not help those individuals who like to make their own baby food.
That is where the Little Green Pouch comes in.  

These pouches were created by moms who loved the idea of a pouch but hated the idea of spending a lot of money on pouches that were used only once.  My thoughts exactly.  These pouches are also dishwasher and freezer safe, making them easy to clean and store food.  When asked if I would give them a try I was definitely interested.

Our package was delivered to us just in time for school starting and the process of packing lunch becoming a daily ritual again.  To see how well these pouches really worked (Are they easy to clean?  Are they easy to pour into?  Are they easy to eat from?) I decided to make the Carrot, Apple and Strawberry snack from their website.  Right off the bat, the first plus was that I could use all fresh, organic ingredients!


The verdict?  This entire process was beyond easy.  The ingredients took about 10 minutes to prep and then it was a simple mix in the blender.  I initially thought it was going to be a pain to pour them into the pouches but by simply following their instructions, it was very easy with no mess.  Baby Girl wanted one right away but I told her to let the pouches sit in the refrigerator just a bit to get cold. As soon as they were ready I gave her one and she loved it and asked for another one.  When it came to cleaning it out, that was incredibly simple too.  They are dishwasher safe but I simply cleaned it in the sink and let it air dry.

After realizing how easy the recipes are to make and how simple these are to use, I will definitely be keeping these on hand for school or snacks at games over the weekend.  Plus, I will now know EVERYTHING that is going into their snack.  You can order directly from the website and make sure you check out all their recipes here.  

Also, I am over at My Thirty Spot today sharing my "Must Have Boots for Fall".  Come visit by clicking here!

* Juggling in Heels did receive a complimentary product in order to try but the opinions are 100% my own.

Post a Comment

previous next