Monday, June 24, 2013

The Best


When I first started Juggling in Heels, I did it because I love to write.  Sure sharing my love for my family, friends and fashion is a blast but getting to spend a few moments each day to put my thoughts into words is where I find my calm.  Who knew something more would come from it.

A few months ago, Orange Coast Magazine reached out to find some of my favorites in Orange County.  I casually sent off a list of some of my favorite restaurants and shops to help add to their list, not assuming any of them would be picked.  To my surprise, they actually picked six of my suggestions and asked me to do the 50-60 word write up on each.

Writing the drafts, working with the editor and confirming the facts was such an awesome experience and I could not wait for the issue to go to print.  Once the middle of June hit I knew the issue would be arriving any day so I was like a child, checking the mail everyday while crossing my fingers that it had arrived.  The day it showed up and I saw my name under the heading "Contributing Writers", I could not contain my excitement.  I know that there are a lot of writers out there that write a ton of articles but I was still crazy excited about it.

I never expected an opportunity like this to come from writing this blog.  NEVER.  But isn't that the best part of life?  You never really know what to expect and if you do not try something, you never know where it might lead.

And now you all have to go grab an issue!  

What were my "Best Of's"?  The pieces on Bardot (boutique), Cinepolis (A dine in movie experience), Anqi Bistro (restaurant), 370 Common (restaurant), Cucina Enoteca (restaurant) and of course, the Neiman Marcus shoe department.

I hope everyone is having a great start to the week!

Post a Comment

previous next