Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Baked Monte Cristo Rolls


Monte Cristo sandwiches are my absolute favorite.  What is better than a fried sandwich stuffed with ham, cheese and jam?  I have been trying to make some more creative dishes for the kids and I continue to fall back on ways to adjust more adult meals for them.  While perusing the grocery store yesterday I thought that there is probably a pretty easy way to pull together this sandwich that would:
1. not be as bad for you
2. would still spike the interest of a child's palette
3. would be EASY

All it took was four simple ingredients and I had a Spring time dinner that the kids loved and that I did not slave over.  The added bonus?  My hubby and I were able to eat the ones they could not finish.  They were quite tasty if I do say so myself and I think that they would not only be great for a kids lunch or dinner but even as an appetizer at a dinner party (just add a sprinkle of powdered sugar).

Ingredients:
Pillsbury Crescent rolls
Sliced ham
Havarti cheese
Jam of your choice

Steps:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Slice the cheese into thin slices
3. Roll the crescent rolls out on a cutting board
4. Place one to two slices of ham and a slice a cheese at the top of the roll
5. Roll everything up
6. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for 11 minutes (or until golden brown)
7. Fill small bowl with jam for dipping




3 comments

previous next