Monte Cristo sandwiches are my absolute favorite. What is better than a fried sandwich stuffed with ham, cheese and jam? I have been trying to make some more creative dishes for the kids and I continue to fall back on ways to adjust more adult meals for them. While perusing the grocery store yesterday I thought that there is probably a pretty easy way to pull together this sandwich that would:
1. not be as bad for you
2. would still spike the interest of a child's palette
3. would be EASY
All it took was four simple ingredients and I had a Spring time dinner that the kids loved and that I did not slave over. The added bonus? My hubby and I were able to eat the ones they could not finish. They were quite tasty if I do say so myself and I think that they would not only be great for a kids lunch or dinner but even as an appetizer at a dinner party (just add a sprinkle of powdered sugar).
Pillsbury Crescent rolls
Jam of your choice
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Slice the cheese into thin slices
3. Roll the crescent rolls out on a cutting board
4. Place one to two slices of ham and a slice a cheese at the top of the roll
5. Roll everything up
6. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for 11 minutes (or until golden brown)
7. Fill small bowl with jam for dipping