Thursday, November 28, 2013

Giving Thanks


Day to day, I fall victim to not looking around and seeing what is right in front of me.  I rush through the day, trying to get everything done that needs to be done, every one to practices, school or playdate, dinner on the table, homework done, and everything else that goes on in the life of a mom.  I will sometimes complain.  Perhaps the hubby and I will fight about something.  I will sometimes look at the list and wish that it would be smaller.  I feel exhausted.  I just want some days to end.  

Thanksgiving is always my wake up call.  The reminder that each day that I have on this earth is a blessing.  A reminder that I could not image my days any other way, running after three of the greatest gifts I have ever received.  A reminder that I married an incredible man who I cannot imagine living without.  A reminder that no matter how hard life feels sometimes, God is always there to pick me up.  A reminder that my family and friends are all around me, each day, making me a better person.

Today I pray that each of you also have your reminders.  That we take a step outside of our hectic and sometimes scary world and realize the gifts that are all around us.  That we appreciate the blessings and understand the hardships.  That we keep our faith and show our thanks.  

Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family and to all those you hold dear to your heart.

Post a Comment

previous next