Friday, November 1, 2013

Weekend


WHAT. A. WEEK

Oh my goodness, is it already Friday?  I am so sorry for being completely MIA.  The Gala that I am Chairing is now a week away and I have been consumed with table assignments, silent auction wrapping, data inputting and all the little things that go with putting a fundraiser together.  It has been such an incredible learning experience!  There is one more week to go and I promise that I will return to my regular scheduled programming after November 9th.  Oh the extra time I will have!

I was able to take a break from all the planning last night to thoroughly enjoy Halloween.  For years we have all ventured out as a family to trick or treat with friends but this year the ladies stayed back, sipped wine and handed out candy while the boys took the kids trick or treating.  It was PERFECT.  This was definitely the way to do it.

Through all the craziness, I have found that running has become my saving grace.  I have always run because I know it is a great workout but lately, I have been finding the pure joy that comes with keeping my mind in a zone, enjoying some music I never get to listen to in the car and forgetting about the "To Do" list.  I ran a 10K last weekend was happy to increase my pace and am excited to commit to more races.  I have been calling it my "natural xanax" as the final details of a large event loom over my head.  Here is the current playlist I have been loving...


As you can see, my taste in music is completely random and ranges from a lot of Pop to country to rap. Variety is the spice of life right?  And I always shuffle because, well, I like not knowing what is coming.

If you missed it this week...
These pumpkin seeds are awesome...
I partnered with Missoni Home...

Happy Weekend.


1 comments

previous next