Friday, May 2, 2014

Weekend


We made it through the first week back at school after Spring Break.  These are always some of the roughest weeks, returning to structure and schedules after enjoying the freeness that vacation provides.  The kids are tired, the hubby and I are tired and I think we are all really happy to see Friday arrive.

This morning I kicked off the weekend with a great beach run and breakfast with friends.  I know I joke about "lunching with the ladies" but in reality, these moments with friends are such important moments and I love catching them when I can.  The conversation is always fun, we share what is going on in our lives and I walk away feeling refreshed and ready for the chaos that is about to arrive when the school day is over.  I used to feel guilty planning such things, telling myself that if I stay home, I should be productive at all times at home but I never feel guilty anymore.  Just like a person needs to step outside of their office for lunch on a busy workday, I need to step out and catch my breath too.  We all need it at times, no matter what are schedule entails.

If you missed it this week...
I dreamt of a Calypso vacation...

Happy Weekend.

Post a Comment

previous next