Thursday, August 25, 2011

One of My Favorites: Capes

Yes, I know I live in Southern California.  Yes, I understand that in this climate you do not need much more than a sweater or light weight jacket to make it through winter.  But you know what?  I don't care and it does not stop me from embracing winter wardrobes as if I lived in New York in the middle of December.  My favorite of the winter wardrobes are capes.  I ADORE.  I asked my husband for a cape last Christmas and even though he looked at me like I was insane, he still delivered this Burberry Brit beauty Christmas morning.



Truth be told, he actually delivered a different Burberry cape that morning and I just had to make quick trip to the store for the one I really wanted.  That is besides the point though.  I am obsessed with it and the photos just do not do it justice.  Have I worn it a ton?  No, but I pull it out whenever the weather allows.  

I was so excited to open up the September issue of InStyle and see that capes are back for another season and there are some gorgeous ones out there.  From Net-a-Porter to Zara, they are everywhere.  Here is this year's Burberry Brit cape that I am loving but am trying to see how I can justify having two (black and grey are different right?  And what about buttons and toggles?  Totally different)....

Burberry Horn Toggle Wool Cape

Post a Comment

previous next