Monday, April 30, 2012

She said "I Do"

This past weekend the hubby and I were in San Francisco to celebrate my Best Friend's wedding.  I know you remember her because you have seen her engagement partyshower and bachelorette party.  I think the one thing I did not mention was the chaos that arose for this bride and groom only 3 weeks before the wedding.

If you live in San Francisco then you know that there was a major demolition done on Doyle Drive this past weekend.  Unfortunately, my best friend and her fiance had planned their wedding in the Presidio, just 100 ft. from where the demolition was going to take place.  What did this mean?  It meant finding a new church and reception location THREE WEEKS before their wedding.  Can you even imagine?  They handled the entire situation EXTREMELY well (and became famous thanks to a news report on them....people kept saying, "Your here for THAT wedding?!  We saw them on the news!".) and in the end, everything came to together and you would have never known what they had just gone through.  It was AMAZING.

I tried to gather as many pictures as I could from the weekend but I think I spent more time talking, eating, drinking and celebrating to get as many as I would have liked.  The ceremony was held at Calvary Presbyterian Church and the reception was held at The Ferry Building, which was BEYOND and probably my most favorite reception location I have been to.  Every detail was accounted for and the party lasted all night.  It could not have been any better.  Here are a few pictures that I love from the weekend.

Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. R!  

Best Friends at the rehearsal dinner
Clockwise from top left: Happy Hour with some sorority sisters, Bay Bridge, Macadamia Nut pancakes thanks to room service, our view from the hotel.
Getting ready in the fabulous robes the bride got us
The bridesmaids are ready!
Clockwise from top left: Makeup time!, champs to get the party started, just a few minutes before the ceremony began, the bridesmaid bouquets 
The High School crew
The college crew
me, my mom and my friend S
And where are my hubby and I?
I swear every picture did not come out that we took together!
Figures.  
Here is one that is okay, but I blame the sun for ruining this one.

And yes, I am aware the groom is no where to be found.  I have a TON of photos of the bride but forgot to take a picture of the happy couple after the ceremony.  At that point, I was only thinking about celebrating.  Sorry J!

4 comments

  1. Such pretty bridesmaid dresses and the bride looks beautiful of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, you all look so gorgeous. So glad to hear the wedding worked out...and what a fab venue move. So great to catch up with you and meet Loren while you were here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post. I'm bummed it's over :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had so much fun! Glad the weather was amazing for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

previous next