Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Grilled Peanut Butter-Banana Fingers


Gone are the days of a few crackers and fruit as an after school snack.  My boys come home HUNGARY and it seems, eat our entire kitchen.  I cannot even imagine what the teenage years are going to be like.  I have been trying to come up with some heartier snacks for them to get them until dinner and these Grilled Peanut Butter-Banana Fingers from Cooking Light: Real Family Food did the trick.  A little protein, a little fruit and a little sweet.  They were perfect and not to shabby for me either.  What is not to love about peanut butter, chocolate and banana?  I will tell you.  NOTHING.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
4 slices white bread
1 small banana, halved crosswise
cooking spray
1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
2 tablespoons honey (optional)

To Make:
1. Preheat pan or panini grill
2. Spread peanut butter evenly over 2 bread slices.  Cut each banana half lengthwise into three slices.  Layer banana slices over peanut butter on bread slices.  Top with remaining bread slices. ( I actually put the peanut butter on all four slices because I hate when I have a grilled sandwich and it is not evenly spaced.  Blame my OCD).
3. Coat outside of sandwiches with cooking spray and grill, about 1 min on each side.
4. Cut sandwiches into 4 slices.
5. Drizzle sandwich slices evenly with chocolate sauce.  Serve with honey for dipping (one son liked this, the other didn't.  I did not think it was necessary and sweet enough without the honey)





1 comments

  1. Yum! I wish you were around to make me an after work snack :) xox

    ReplyDelete

previous next