Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pumpkin Spice and Chocolate Chip Cakes


Last night I hosted an "Easter Basket Stuffing" party (more on that later!) and thought that after all the kids hard work, they deserved a treat.  I did not have a ton of time to whip something up from scratch so I sort of cheated and put together some Pumpkin Spice and Chocolate Chip Cakes using some cake mix, pumpkin and chocolate chips, all that I had sitting in the pantry.  In 20 minutes they were done and ready to enjoy...which I enjoyed right out of the oven because hey, if I am going to slave over cakes for kids, I am going to have one too...justified by the fact that I ran today....so pretty much played for the tie.  But back to the cakes.  I had an Easter egg baking pan (grabbed from Michael's if you are interested) on hand which I used to get a tad bit festive but as you can see from above, the design did not come out as clear as I would have liked.  And believe me, no frosting is necessary.  These are sweet enough on their own (which is really saving calories right??).

Ingredients:
1 box Spice Cake Mix
1 can pumpkin
2 cups chocolate chips (totally guessing here...add as many as you would like)

To Make:
1. Follow the instructions on the cake box
2. Add the entire can of pumpkin and stir
3. Stir in the chocolate chips
4. Add to cake pan, cupcake pan, any sort of pan you would like!
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes (if you are following my mini-cake recipe)

Post a Comment

previous next