Friday, March 1, 2013

The Perfect Acai Bowl


On Tuesday Baby Girl and I spent the morning at the Sambazon Acai Cafe in Newport Beach, learning about the company, their commitment to sustainability, their products and of course, their incredible Acai Bowls.  I have had Acai Bowls in the past but it has not been anything I have ever tried to make at home.  They actually walked us through, step by step, how to make the perfect Acai Bowl and I could not believe how easy it is.  It was too good not to share and so I am.

The Perfect Acai Bowl

Ingredients:
1/2 banana (1/4 if it is ripe)
3 oz. milk, coconut milk, almond milk, or juice (I used almond milk)
granola 
Toppings (strawberries, chia seeds, bananas, coconut, almonds....really, anything you want!) 

Steps:
1. Pour the liquid in your blender.
2. Add the banana
3. Add the two packets of frozen smoothie
4. Blend just enough to create a thick, smooth texture (around 30 seconds, depending on your blender)
5. Scoop into a bowl or cup and sprinkle with granola
6. Add your toppings!



Baby Girl loved the Acai Bowl we made at the cafe enough to not share much with me but I made my own to make up for it.  I topped mine with strawberries, bananas, coconut, and almonds.  Also, feel free to add protein powder, superfood greens or anything else to the blender.  It really is the perfect breakfast or snack!  

You can pick up the Sambazon smoothie packets at your local Costco, grocery store or health food store, depending on your location.  You can search here    

1 comments

  1. I'm going to try this...really! Better than the $6 (yes $6) I pay for an Acai bowl at Juice-It-Up.

    ReplyDelete

previous next