Thursday, May 2, 2013

Staples

Though I love dressing up, the last thing I am thinking about when my alarm is going off at 5:45am is getting fancy.  Cheers to the women who must have gotten up at 4am to look the way that they do.  I am impressed.  Me, on the other hand, loves to thrown on staples that I will be comfortable in all day long.  Plus, with summer fast approaching, there really is just no need to dress up on a day to day basis. Or, perhaps I am telling myself this just to feel better about myself.  Either way, I love this look and I can be seen wearing it A LOT.  
Staples
1. The Hooded Sweatshirt - Call me a High School boy but I still love the oversized hooded sweater.  They are WAY MORE comfortable than putting on a fitted athletic jacket (they are ladies, you know it) and it feels like you are half way to laying on the couch rather than carrying a screaming three year old through the grocery store.  I am currently obsessed with this Rodarte Hoodie but will easily wear my hubby's old hoodies too.

2. The GREAT T-Shirt - I am a complete t-shirt snob and have the hardest time finding shirts that are 1. long enough for my overly long torso 2. soft...I like soft and 3. don't shrink.  My current favorite are Zoe Karssen, which I normally pick up at The Outnet or ASOS.

3. The Tank - A day doesn't go by that I do not have a tank on.  Either by itself or under a t-shirt, sweatshirt,  or sweater, I am ALWAYS wearing one.  My favorite are by James Perse but I love Splendid also.

4. The Cut Off Jean Shorts - I love cut off's.  They are perfect for the park, beach, running errands.  You name it, they work.  I have two ways of going about getting my pairs.  The first one is simple.  Go into your closet, grab a pair of old jeans, and cut them.  These tend to be the best because the denim is already worn in, they are usually soft and stretched out, and when you had nothing to wear, you suddenly do.  Instant gratification.  Of course the other way is to buy a pair and I love Current/Elliott.  I do not know how they do it but their denim is always amazingly soft.

5. The Satchel - I love my Cambridge Satchel and it goes with me everywhere.  Amusement parks, sporting events, errands, vacations, date night.  The list goes on and on.  It is the perfect handbag to use when you need to be hands free.  I have even tucked in the strap and used it as a clutch.  And no matter how many times it gets stepped on, dropped, spilled on, etc, it still looks brand new.  It makes the list as one of the top items in my closet.

6. The Sneaker - Because I am VERY bad at keeping up pedicures, sneakers are a must.  I grew up loving my Jack Purcell's but have now given my loyalty to Superga.  Not only do they run large, which allows me to go down a size and think that I have smaller feet, but they have a million colors to choose from.  Oh yes, and they are comfortable too.

Post a Comment

previous next