Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cork

I have never once called myself a "crafty" person.  In fact, I am the person that pays someone else too much money to create something for me that I could probably very easily (and cheaply) do myself.  It has just never been in my nature.  What I do know how to do well is drink wine.  And that is what brought me to here.

We have SO many corks sitting around our house that it was beginning to get embarrassing.  We have filled HUGE vases and they were beginning to overflow.  I did not want to throw them out (that took a lot of drinking to get that many!) but needed to do something with them.  That is when I turned to Pinterest and came across this wine cork board.  It did not look too hard so I thought I would give it a try.  The results?  A perfect cork board to sit on my desk and hold business cards, notes or reminders.  I think it is pretty fabulous if I do say so myself.


Now don't get your hopes up.  There is a good chance you will not see anything crafty from me for a while.  At least not until our corks are overflowing again.

2 comments

  1. Love this -- it turned out so cute! If only there were such a way to upcycle the microbrewery beer bottle caps my husband insists on saving...sigh. (p.s. found you thanks to Finley over at mommychic!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great! Thanks for sharing! Jenn

    ReplyDelete

previous next