Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Jalapeno Cheese Bread


After spending the day inside on Saturday, I was itching to get out of the house for a bit and pull together a good meal for dinner.  Whole Foods is one of my favorite places to go shopping and I casually roamed the aisles with a friend (yes, it was Girl's Day at Whole Foods), taking in my little bit of escape.  One item I was grabbing ingredients for was Jalapeno Cheese Bread.  When I came across the recipe it just looked too good to pass up and I was right.  It was SUPER EASY to make and had so much yummy flavor.  Served with filet skewers and sauteed kale, it was the perfect spicy addition to celebrate everyone being healthy again.  Still crossing my fingers no one gets sick...

What you need:
2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
3/4 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 jar pickled jalapenos
1 loaf sourdough bread
salt, pepper and paprika

Steps:
1. Mix mayonnaise, cheese and 1 tablespoon brine from the jalapeno jar; season with salt and pepper
2. Broil 4 slices of bread on a baking sheet until golden
3. Flip slices over and spread cheese mixture across
4. Top with chopped pickled jalapenos and a dash of paprika
5. Broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly, then cut each slice in half


* recipe courtesy of Food Network

2 comments

  1. Mmmm, that first pic looks so yummy! Glad to hear your little one is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

previous next