Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Alli Marie


My husband bought me a fabulous gift for my birthday.  It was a beautiful black wool coat.  It fit perfectly and wrapped at the waist.   I loved it.  There was only one issue.  For Christmas, my husband bought me a fabulous gift.  It was a beautiful black wool coat.  It fit perfectly and wrapped at the waist. And I loved that one too.

Yes, the poor guy bought the same exact gift.  He had forgotten.  After mentioning this to him, he looked so defeated.  I felt bad because I did love the new coat but in Orange County, there is just no need for two black coats that look exactly the same.  His next response was, "Well, I guess I got you a shopping trip at Bardot."  BEST GIFT EVER!

One item that I really wanted to get this Fall was a new pair of black booties.  Something that flatters the ankle, has a small heel and can be worn casual or dressed up.  When I hit Bardot, I noticed the Kelly bootie by Alli Marie, and had to try them on.  It took about 5 seconds for me to decide to get them. 



First of all, they are EXTREMELY comfortable.  One of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I own.  Allison, the designer behind Alli Marie, grew up in the shoes business (she is fourth generation at her family's shoe company) and understood that when creating her own line, comfort was just as important as style.

Beyond comfort I just the look.  Simple yet not too simple and will go with everything.  I tried them on with a dress I also picked up and with the shorts I was wearing and they worked great with both.  Extremely versatile.  The perfect California bootie.  

Allison also creates some beautiful flats that I have yet to try on but if she can make a heel feel as comfortable as she does, I can only imagine how cozy the flats are.




Alli Marie is located in three boutiques in California and online here.

Fall, it is now okay for you to arrive.

Post a Comment

previous next