Thursday, September 26, 2013

Lentil Sausage Soup


Of all the things I love to make, there has been one item that I have been terrified to attempt.  Soup.  For some reason I have felt too overwhelmed with the thought of making homemade soup.  It sounded like a lot of ingredients, a lot of time, a lot of work and who knows how good it would end up being.  For 35 years I have stayed away.

With Fall slowly arriving and the idea of warm comfort food sounding amazing, I finally told myself that this fear was ridiculous and I had to give it a try.  I really wanted homemade soup!  It can't be that hard can it?  I found this Lentil Sausage Soup recipe and it seemed easy enough.  From the minimal list of ingredients I figured this one would be hard to screw up so I gave it a shot.


Success!

I am not sure why I was so concerned with how hard soup would be because it was SO MUCH easier than I expected.  Silly me.  And how easy to make a soup while the kids are in school so that dinner is taken care of later on in the day when it is crazy.  

What I loved about this soup is that it was packed with nutrients, protein and was filling enough to serve simply with French bread on the side.  I will definitely be making this again, along with some other soup recipes I have stayed away from forever.  No more soup fear here!  



Post a Comment

previous next