Tuesday, October 8, 2013

For the library

We took a hiatus from decorating for a bit in the larger areas of our home to focus on getting the children's rooms in order.  Our plan was to take one big project at a time (and give my hubby and bank account time to breathe).  The front formal living room as been sitting empty for the last year and a half and our plan is to tackle this from December through the New Year so that we can utilize it at Christmas with the family and finish it in time for Spring.  I have always, always, always, wanted a library and sitting room in my home.  I dream of walls filled with books of all sorts.  Books given as gifts, art books, travel books and ones that we simply have loved to read.  I have also imagined this room to be a place where the adults could sit, enjoy a cocktail or glass of wine and chat for hours while the children run crazy through the rest of the house.  And of course, it may just be the perfect place for me to curl up with a book on a Saturday with a cup of tea.  I have already decided this is going to be my favorite space in the home.  

Our interior designer and I have already decided a few things.  One, we must use some wallpaper.  Two, there must be velvet emerald green couches.  Three, there must be prints.  I can tell this room is going to be way too much fun.
For the library

Couch: Room & Board / Light: Lulu & Georgia / Deer: West Elm / Cowhide Rug: Jayson Home / Blanket: Missoni Home  / Bar Cart

Post a Comment

previous next