Monday, March 17, 2014

Returning Home


Oh Monday, you always arrive too soon.

Today we are heading home from yet another wonderful few days in the Santa Ynez valley.  I am not sure what it is about this place that tugs at the heart strings of both my husband and I but we just cannot ever get enough.  I would like to chalk it up to us both going to college in the Central Coast but it is more than that.  We have friends that live here that we just adore spending time with.  We love walking from the house to the local coffee shop, letting the kids run through empty fields, eating some incredible "farm to table" food, wine tasting, meeting and getting to know many of the locals and overall, just embracing the relaxed feeling that being in the valley brings.  As soon as we leave, I am already thinking about planning our next trip back.  Anyone else have a place that does this to them?

I did step away from the family just a bit to visit a few of the local boutiques and am excited to share each of them with you.  The retail therapy in the valley continues to get better and better and I thought I would share some of my favorites.  Keep an eye out for them over the next few days.  

Now it is time to pack up the house, jump on the 101 and re-enter reality, but first I think I am going to do one more walk through the canyon, just to catch one more breathe.

If you are interested in seeing more of our trips to the Santa Ynez Valley, here are some additional posts from last year (January, February, May).  I also updated my favorites!

Happy Monday.



Post a Comment

previous next