Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Maple Bacon Cupcakes


After a loooooong week of sick people in the house, I decided I deserved pure indulgence when it came to my dessert over the weekend.  What better way to indulge than with a yummy, fatty, Maple Bacon cupcakes.  I had tried these before at different cupcake bakeries but thought I would create them myself.  I used this vanilla cupcake recipe and this maple frosting recipe.  For the bacon, I simply pan fried and then stuck in a food processor.  The result was a cupcake that tasted just like breakfast.  Sweet and savory at its best.

5 comments

  1. Bacon Cupcakes? My husband would be in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a vegetarian -- but these look pretty damn awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Yum!!! I need to try this. I find that bacon posts get hilariously high blog traffic. People just LOVE bacon...including me, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should not look at food before bed...especially bacon + cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, these look even better than the instagram sneak peak I saw. Dylan loves cupcakes and a cupcake with bacon just might push him over the edge. lol

    ReplyDelete

previous next