Friday, July 27, 2012

HOME!

via
The hubby is flying home today!

Immediately following our return from Chicago last Monday, the hubby jetted off to Munich, which began his two week crazy Munich to Zurich to Los Angeles to Orange County to New York travel schedule.  Beyond the 48 hours he was home last weekend he has been gone and I am going to be honest....I am EXHAUSTED.  The first week was actually pretty easy but this week was the looooongest week I have had in a while.  I cannot tell you how happy I am that he gets home today.  I also plan falling into a deep sleeping coma to make up for all the nights of jumping awake at every little sound.

How did I keep myself busy while he was gone?  Well, beyond camps, swim team practice, visits to the pool, and visits to the park, I also...

Had our security system installed (first order of busy for anxiety lady here)


Ordered this dress from The Outnet*

Ordered these sandals from Gilt Groupe*

Ordered these shoes for the hubby*

Ordered these prints for the kitchen*

Booked a room at this boutique hotel for an upcoming night in Hollywood

Celebrated 40th birthdays here and here for two dear friends

Indulged in a good amount of wine with amazing girlfriends who made sure I was not sitting alone every night by myself.

*It is obvious that when the hubby is away online shopping can be very distracting.

In the end, it was a great two weeks with the children but I can assure you that I will be passing on cooking dinner and bath time tonight.  Take out, no bathes, early bedtimes and my exhausted self laying on the couch watching the Opening Ceremonies, perhaps with a LARGE glass of wine is in our future.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

previous next