Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Greek Quinoa Salad


Since beginning my triathlon training, I have become a garbage disposal.  It seems like there is never enough food and I will confess, I am not very nice when I am hungry.  In order to keep up with my appetite AND eat healthy options, I have been perusing the internet for some new, easy recipes.  At the top of my list was this Greek Quinoa Salad by With Style and Grace.  It not only looked delish but I loved the fact that there would most likely be leftovers and provide me with a potential snack the next day.  

The only thing I did different was to add a can of garbanzo beans because I wanted to add protein and make this for our dinner.  I made it earlier in the afternoon which was fabulous because it was ready to go and we were able to focus on the important task of pumpkin carving after dinner instead of doing dishes.  If you would like, add a glass of Pinot Grigio.  It made it even better.  Plus, I was right.  There was a TON left over.  Perfect.

  
I could have absolutely taken more photos of this recipe but I was glued to CNN all afternoon with Sandy watch and could not pull myself away long enough.  My thoughts and prayers are with everyone on the East Coast.  

Post a Comment

previous next