Monday, October 1, 2012

Put on your sunglasses


 I warned you.  These suckers are bright.

In my birthday post I made a quick comment that I was going to do a triathlon but this is my official announcement.

I am going to do a triathlon next Spring.

There it is.
Now I have to do it because I told all of you and that would just be embarrassing if I didn't follow through.  Plus, I now have kick-ass shoes to run in.

I must confess that I have never done one and I am slightly TERRIFIED of the entire thing.

I decided to do a triathlon for the same reason I started this blog.  I feel like I so often have all these ideas of things that I am "going to do" but never end up doing them.  Well I am tired of that.  I started this blog a year ago having no idea what I was doing and have loved writing it ever since.  Time to jump in to goal number two.

So far, I am working out 4 days a week with running 3 miles two days a week, biking 16 miles one day and then swimming 1.25 miles the final day.  I am having a blast and feel more and more empowered each time I increase my distances.  It has only been 6 weeks since I have started doing all of this and I definitely need to be able to handle a lot more than I am currently doing, but I will get there.  I am giving myself and my team, (yes, I have talked some friends into being crazy with me, which is making this training really fun, believe it or not) until December to really be in our grove with all three sports.  After the New Year's it is full on training and putting it all together.  We are not sure which triathlon we are going to do yet but I definitely have my sight set on the one in Hawaii in March because if I am going to kill myself doing all of this, at least I can do it on a tropical island right?

I will definitely keep you all posted on how the training is going, even if you do not want to hear about it, because it is going to hold me accountable to keep going.  Plus, perhaps I motivate a few of you to get out there and try something you have never done before.  

Wish me luck!

1 comments

  1. Those are some bad-ass shoes! Good luck on your triathlon!

    ReplyDelete

previous next