Monday, January 27, 2014

Procrastination

via
This morning, while I was procrastinating, not wanting to yet venture out on the run that I absolutely need to do, I came across this quote.  It reminds me of a conversation that I tend to have with my husband every couple months.

Every so often, the blog becomes overwhelming.  Life just takes hold and I find that with trying to keep up with my very active family, the blog sometimes feels more like another burden on the list of To Do's than something I have time to do.  I begin to question if I should continue with it or simply walk away, smiling at how much fun I had but recognizing that it was time to go.  I run through this over and over again with the hubby, talking through the pro's and con's.  Asking his advice as to what my next steps should be.  Letting him be the kind ear that will listen for ever (I talk a lot) as I let it all out and then decide what I am going to do.

And the decision is always the same.  There is no way I am letting this place go.

The truth is, this quote is exactly why I blog.  If you were to ask me what I do when I procrastinate, not wanting to start household items, go to the grocery store or run errands, it is always the same.  I read fashion magazines. I peruse my favorite blogs. I visit numerous online retailers, previewing merchandise.  I search for interior design inspiration.  I find a new recipe for tonight's dinner. Everything I do when I procrastinate is what ends up on this blog.  (Don't believe me?  Here is an old procrastination post) And why?  Because I love it.  I love cooking new things.  I love finding deals.  I love looking at clothes.  I love feeling inspired by so much that is out there.  I love to write.  And I absolutely love to share it all with you.

That is why I do it.  Sure, it can get overwhelming sometimes and truthfully, I wish I did have more time to work to make my photos that much better, increase my viewers that much more, and post more times a day.  But I feel very fortunate that I have been able to take those things I do when I procrastinate and make it into something special.  Where it will continue to go, who knows.  But I feel like I finally followed my passion and am making my way through.  There is no way I am walking away from that.

What about you?  Are you doing something you love?  Have you taken those things that truly interest you and followed a dream towards making it a reality?  If you have I would love to hear about it.  So many people take so many risks each day to follow their passion and I find it incredibly inspiring.  So share!  


And now I really do need to go on that run...


Post a Comment

previous next