Thursday, January 2, 2014

Heading to a real Winter

What a start to 2014.

Yesterday the family and I spent the day on Balboa Island in Newport in what I would consider a perfect 75 degrees.  We ate at our favorite Mexican food, visited our favorite candy store, walked the islands, perused a used book shop and of course, indulged in our favorite Balboa Bars.
It was perfect and I could not have asked for a better day.

I hope your first day of 2014 was just as enjoyable.

As we come to the end of this Christmas break, the hubby and I have one last trip to squeeze in before the the reality of life sets in.  Tomorrow morning we are headed to Chicago to visit my Best Friend and her family.  I am SO excited not only to see them, but to have a few days with just the hubby.

The big question is, how is this Southern California girl going to pack for a weather report that ranges from 17-33 degrees with snow showers on Sunday?

The truth is, I am extremely excited.
For someone who rarely gets to pull out a coat, I just can't wait to get a taste of real Winter for a weekend.  

Though I am not sure what will actually make it into the suitcase, these items are a definite.  The boots I just received for Christmas, the turtleneck that wear ALL THE TIME, the best shampoo and conditioner to help fight the dry weather, the coziest poncho I own, my favorite gloves and beanie, and of course the faux fur coat I have not been able to wear in California yet.

I will be warm with this, right?...
Heading to Cold Weather

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7

1 comments

  1. I absolutely love the high boots, super cute! Too bad I will never be able to enjoy them in the Bahamas

    Anni,
    www.annisbubble.com

    ReplyDelete

previous next