Monday, January 13, 2014

Sleep


For most of my life, I thought of sleep masks as something only Edith from Overboard wore to bed.  Never did I deem them something negative, just never something that was for me.

Call it old age but over the past year or so, light has began to REALLY bother me when I am trying to sleep.  I don't mean lights being turned on; of course that would bother anyone.  No, I am talking about the small light on our television that shines even though the television is turned off.  My husband laughs at me over this but I swear it feels like a neon light is shining in my face.  And then there is the hubby.  I love that he is motivated enough to wake up at 4:30am to workout.  I do not love the light that he turns on in his closet that seems to travel out of his closet, turn a corner, through our bathroom, around another corner and hit me in the face.  How I notice this, I do not know, but it still wakes me up.  Light at night annoyed me enough that I decided I would try a sleep mask.

MIRACLE PRODUCT.  I am now understand why so many people use them.  I cannot tell you how much better I am sleeping now that I wear a sleep mask.  Sure it took a few nights to get used to having it on but now I cannot even think about going to sleep without it.  Just image a Vegas hotel room with the blackout shades.  That is what I get to experience every night.  No understanding of day or time.  It is WONDERFUL.  I am now sleeping so deeply that my children have been forced to wake me up over Christmas break at 8:30am or 9am because they were hungry.  I am sure there are a few people out there reading this that already use one (you were smart from the start) but I am a new convert.  Best $26 I have ever spent.

My favorite ones are by Mary Green.  They are 100% silk with cute and simple designs and extremely easy to sleep with.  You can find the selection below.

Post a Comment

previous next