Friday, January 10, 2014

Weekend


via
This week seemed to just fly by.  With Monday spent traveling back from Chicago, I felt as if I was simply trying to catch up with life.  It felt so good to get home to see the kids but I must say, I was not ready for school on Tuesday.  It would have been nice to have another week with them.  The countdown to Spring Break has begun.

I told myself at the end of 2013 that for this upcoming year, I was going to be better at saying no, slowing things down, not overcommitting and making sure I have some "me" time and "simple family" time.  This is apparently easier said than done.  Of course the start of the years brings numerous events, sports, dinners and such and I am trying to take my time, not respond immediately and figure out what I can really do without stretching myself too thin.  There are certain things that are priority and so many things that are not necessary.  It is about time I start identifying each and only committed to the priority items.  Everything else needs to take a back seat to time with family and the husband.  Let's see how I do.

I also began thinking about Juggling in Heels at the end of the year.  I had sort of come to a stand still with regards to what was next.  So many things have happened since starting this blog that I never even imagined would and I have allowed myself to sit in the passenger seat, lets these great things happen and not really think about what the next steps would be.  Riding my own blog's coat tails.  Suddenly, I found myself at a place where I had to take the reins again and really decide what the future of Juggling in Heels was going to be.  I have never been a person satisfied with the status quo and I started making lists of potential changes and improvements.  After a lot of personal reflection and chatting with the hubby and friends, I am excited to say that I have figured my vision out and cannot wait to begin working on where Juggling in Heels is going to go next.  I am not going to share anything now as there is a lot of behind the scenes work that needs to be done but I think you are all going to like the end result.  It has given me a new drive for expansion that I have not been ready to take and I am loving the challenge I have placed before myself.

So, it seems that even though the year is only a few days in, it is going to be an amazing 2014 with a lot of changes both personally and professionally.  And now I am ready for a glass of wine.

Happy Weekend.

1 comments

previous next