Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Google, I am Grateful

Okay, I admit it.  Last week I googled the answer to a Kindergarten question.  Believe me, I do not think I am an idiot, but my confidence in myself as a good Catholic is slowing dropping.  My son goes to a Catholic elementary school and one of the questions on his homework was "In the 6th station of the cross, who wiped Jesus' face?".  Ummmmm, I HAVE NO IDEA.  My son immediately responds with "Veronica".  My initial thought was Mary.  Not sure why, but there are a lot of Mary's in the bible and I think my mind naturally goes to one of them.  He tells me that I am wrong and that it is Veronica.  So what do I do?  I run over to the computer and google it.  Just so you know, if you type in "Who wiped Jesus' face?", a long list of links to Saint Veronica will pop up.  My 6 year old son proved his 32 year old mother wrong.  The positive?  I now know google can help my child with homework when his mother cannot.

Post a Comment

previous next