Thursday, April 28, 2011

Oh How She Has Changed Me!

This week I had the opportunity to do something I had never done before and something I would probably never do if I only had my two boys.  I dined at the American Girl Store in Los Angeles.  I was a bit hesitant about visiting.  I just did not understand it.  A store about dolls.  How great could it be?  Apparently pretty flipping amazing.  I never thought I would be "that" mom but the second I walked in, you would have thought I was 5 years old.  I absolutely loved that they set up highchairs in the dining room for the dolls.  And obviously they needed those tea cups to drink.  Oh and the selection of clothes were just too much to take in.  My 11 month old and I were in pure heaven.  It finally had hit me.  All those things women say they will never do or embrace with girls, just don't have girls yet.  It is apparent that no matter how hard you try, you are sucked in.  I loved every second of our day and we will definitely be going back.  Only next time, we will bring Baby Girl's new little friend......

And she will probably wear her new outfit.....

You may think this is absurd, but what can I say?  I am officially the mother of a girl.

2 comments

  1. i.know.

    we were in chicago a few years ago at the USC/ND game and went into the original store. it was J who was completely hooked - I thought we were going to browse, but he was so close to buying one of everything in sight.

    Its an amazingly addictive addiction....enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That store is amazing! We took the girls for Makaylas birthday and they were in heaven! The bad thing was we spent way too much money! But we can't wait to go back.

    ReplyDelete

previous next