Saturday, April 9, 2011

Weekend Read: Water for Elephants


I love to read.  Always have.  But who has time to read with kids?  I have put books aside for some time now to focus on the million other things going on in our house.  It is something I have really missed.  Recently I have committed to stop watching all the crap that I do (i.e. Housewives) and start reading again.  I picked a fantastic first read, which was suggested by my sister.  "Water for Elephants" was one of the most enjoyable books I have ever read.  It captured my attention from the start and I loved the way Sara Gruen gave a real experience of being in the circus during the depression.  And who doesn't enjoy a good love story.  If you are an animal lover, be warned that there are some tough parts throughout the book with regards to the treatment of animals, but don't let that deter you.  It is about to come out in the theatre starring Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon so make sure you read it before you see it.  The book is ALWAYS better than the movie.

1 comments

  1. I need to add this to my book list...sounds like a good read!

    ReplyDelete

previous next