Sunday, June 19, 2011

I Just Adore Father's Day

I really do.  I think it is because I have been blessed with two incredible men in my life: my father and my husband.

There really is no where to begin with my Dad.  He has and continues to be the rock of our family.  For some reason, the world seems like a safer place with my Dad in it.  Sure we have had our fights (Teenage Years = BAD... and probably my fault), but he has taught me that nothing comes before family and that life is only as good as you want to make it.  I have turned to him for so many things in life and his advice is always spot on.  In a lot of ways, I am just like him (this is positive and negative according to me husband...I really do like to win fights.  Thanks Dad!)  And no matter how old I get, I will continue to be a Daddy's Girl.

And then there is my husband.  I watch him everyday in amazement as he juggles his career, his wife, and his children.  I cannot imagine the stress that he bears as the sole bread winner of the family, but you would never know it.  He is the leader of our house, but only speaks up when he needs to (I may have learned how to be stubborn from the prior man...).  He is the ying to my yang.  He has taught me a lot through our (almost) 10 years of marriage and though we continue to have our ups and downs, I cannot imagine life with someone else.

So today I celebrate two men that continue to mold me on a daily basis, look out for me, protect me, and love me more than I could possibly ever understand.

Love you Dad and Hubby!  Happy Father's Day!  

Post a Comment

previous next