Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Paper Mama Photo Challenge: Family

I have seen on a couple bloggers enter a photo contest at The Paper Mama and thought to myself what a cute idea.  For that reason, I thought, why the hell not give it a try.  The theme of this photo challenge is family and instantly a photo of my boys and I at Disneyland came to mind.


There are a number of reasons I love this photo.  First of all, it is me and my boys.

Secondly, we are all three holding hands.  This NEVER happens anymore.  Sadly, as they grow up, I am coming to the realization that they just do not need me as much anymore.  There were days when I wished that they would be less clingy.  That perhaps I could go a day without them hanging on my legs and begging to be carried.  Now, I feel lucky when they reach out for my hand or want to cuddle on the couch to watch a show.  It is amazing how fast it changed.  Luckily I still have a little one who needs this attention but what happens when that is gone?

Third, they are holding hands.  On a day to day basis, I am constantly dealing with the arguing, fighting, tattle telling of two brothers.  It could drive anyone insane.  But I know they love each other and pictures like this show that in the end, they are there for each other.

Finally, it is at Disneyland and who doesn't love a great picture from Disneyland!

The Paper Mama

Post a Comment

previous next