Thursday, September 27, 2012

Military

My friend E recently asked me to help get her closet in order.  I jumped at the chance of cleaning out someone else's closet and shopping for them.  Who wouldn't?! 

First came the leopard print flats and then I found this military jacket that I thought was not only the perfect addition to her Fall wardrobe but an amazing price of $64 (which is why I bought it too.  I promised her I would never wear it when she did)!  We began discussing the challenges some women have to think outside the box and wear the same item a number of different ways.  I was instantly inspired and created two totally different looks, easily transitioning from day to night, with our her new purchase.


From Day to Night: The Military Jacket


From Day to Night: The Military Jacket by sarah-jih featuring yellow gold jewelry


The first look on the left is E's typical day of the week.  School drop off, running errands, pick up and practice.  You all know I love stripes so that is a no brainer and every outfit is just better when there is leopard involved.  Plus, the stripes and print add a little texture to the jacket, denim shorts and simple handbag and jewelry.  You all now know her early Fall uniform.

For the majority of people, this jacket is and would stay in the "casual" category but I actually LOVE the idea of mixing a little masculine casual with some very flirty feminine pieces.  A quick change to skinnies and any black stiletto, followed by the addition of a printed blouse, earrings and a sassy clutch and this jacket becomes the finishing piece to a great dinner outfit. 

Anyone else have an item they want some help with?  Send me an email and I will pull together some looks for you too!


2 comments

previous next