Monday, September 17, 2012

This weekend kicked my a@s

Every now and then we have a weekend that seems completely unreal.  I tend to wake up on Monday morning with the question, "did all of that just happen?".  This past weekend was one of those weekends.

Friday was consumed with a minimum day from school, soccer practice and ending with dinner and a movie with the hubby and the boys to celebrate my birthday.  Saturday was filled with a fashion show, football game, soccer game and 100 degree heat.  The hubby and I were planning on a nice dinner just the two of us but ended up ordering pizza and drinking a bottle of wine because we were too tired to function.  Sunday came around and though we were hosting Middle Man's birthday party at the house, I figured that after all the running around for prepping was over, we could enjoy the afternoon with family and friends.  That came to a halt half way through the party when Baby Girl came downstairs screaming at the top of her lungs and I was off to the ER with her.  Her poor middle finger got slammed in a door while the kids were playing upstairs.  Three hours, four stitches and a broken finger later, we were home, it was 8pm and exhaustion had overcome the entire family. 

And here we are today.  Monday.  Back to school, schedules, practices and work.  All I want to do is sleep but that is going to have to come later.  I am thinking I will be able to catch up on sleep in about 18 years.

Do you ever have weekends like this when you just feel like you cannot catch your breathe?  

I must tell all of you that even though Baby Girl was in so much pain, she was such a trooper and handled the entire situation better than I would have.  In fact, this is a video of her singing along to The Sound of Music as they prep the room for her stitches.  It just makes me smile every time I watch it.




2 comments

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!! I have watched this video over and over again already - what a sweetheart girl. I'm so sorry about her poor little finger, though. No fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm exhausted just hearing about all your weekend activities! Haha. I don't know how you handled it. Poor baby girl, I hope she heals fast. She's definitely a trooper! (And a cutie!)

    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete

previous next