Friday, May 13, 2011

Was I Bored?

This week has been a pretty hectic week (that is putting it mildly).  Next week looks even worse.  It has gotten me to think back to before I had kids and I wonder, what the hell did I do with my time?  Was I bored?  Didn’t seem like it.  Did I waste time?  I don’t think so.  That being said, I obviously did not know what busy was until I threw three children and a husband into the mix.  I laugh now at the “stress” I used to have with my one job, one husband, and evening and weekends that were all mine.  Here are some of the comparisons I have been able to come up with…..

THEN: 6:00am – wake up, shower, get myself ready for work, eat some breakfast and get out the door by 7am.

NOW: 5:45am – wake up, throw on some clothes, pull my hair back, wake up all three children, get all three dressed, get all three fed, get school materials together, grab a bar and get out the by 7am.

THEN: 7:30am – 5:30pm – WORK

NOW: 7:30am – 5:30am - drop off kids at school, gym (sorry, I need something), do laundry, empty the dishwasher, put baby down for a nap, make snacks, play Trouble, mop the floor, change laundry, fold clothes, read a story, clean the house, make Dr. appointments, confirm logistics for sports, make lunch, attend a school benefit meeting, pick up from school, make more snacks, go to baseball practice (okay, all this does not always happen at once but this week these were my days.  Promise.)

THEN: 5:30pm – Happy Hour OR make dinner OR go out to dinner OR go to the gym OR go to the gym and then go out to dinner.

NOW: 5:30pm – Make kids dinner, feed kids dinner, give baths, give bottle, throw on a show, make lunches for the next day, get baby to bed, make hubby and I dinner, inhale dinner, read a story, get the boys to bed, crash on the couch with a glass of wine staring blankly at the TV.

And I wonder why I am tired????

Post a Comment

previous next