Wednesday, May 4, 2011

And The Oscar Goes To......

My boys are confused when I say it is time for bed.  My understanding is that this means they will obediently walk upstairs and brush their teeth.  They, on the other hand, have interpreted this phrase as a time to break out in their Hollywood best.  And the performances?  They would put any actor to shame.  Some of my favorites are:

The "Mommy my arm hurts so bad (kneeling over, grabbing his arm) that I think my stomach hurts from it (now grabbing his stomach) and I just cannot go to bed"

The "Mommy my eyes hurt so bad (with obsessively rubbing them until they are bloodshot) when I close them that I just cannot fall asleep right now"

The "Mommy I am so thirsty I must get up (tears of thirst begin to form) and get something to drink.  And I am so hungry now too because dinner was so long ago."

And my absolute favorite?

The, complete collapse to the floor, bawling, all while screaming "I'M NOT TIRED!"

Post a Comment

previous next