Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Creamy Orzo


I will admit it.  I am getting REALLY tired of "kid food".  Dino chicken (you all have them in your fridge don't you), mac and cheese, spaghetti, fish sticks, pizza.  They are all grossing me out.  Yes, my children prefer them but I am working on finding some new "kid friendly" recipes that can perhaps take these out of the cycle.  I decided to try this Creamy Orzo recipe.  I loved how there were veggies in it but a very simple recipe for kids.  The outcome?  I was successful for 2 out of the 3.  My Middle Man refused it while my Oldest and Baby Girl finished their plates.  Hey, I will take it.  I personally thought it was really good (as did my hubby) and it made plenty so both hubby and Baby Girl had lunch the next day (I have issues with leftovers....whole other story).  I will say that you need to REALLY season it with salt and pepper.  But that is just my two cents.

2 comments

  1. "I am getting REALLY tired of "kid food"."
    I say this exact same thing and no one understands. It's so nice to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kid food? Is there something besides kid food? :) My son is almost 9 and finally trying some new foods, there may be a light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete

previous next