Friday, August 16, 2013

Kale Salad

Last week when I was in LA, I had lunch at The Fat Cow, a great restaurant located at The Grove.  I was in a salad mood and ordered their "Skinny Cow Chopped Salad".  It is one of the best salads I have ever had and have been thinking about recreating it ever since.

Last night we met up with some friends in Palm Desert to relax, BBQ and let the kids play.  We were in charge of a salad so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to gather all the ingredients and try this salad out.  It was nutrient dense, easy to throw together and a delicious compliment to the food.  I have found a new staple for our menu at home.

Ingredients needed:
Kale
Shredded Cabbage
Shredded Carrots
Chopped Radishes
Pumpkins Seeds
Sunflowers Seeds
Dressing of your choice, but I suggest a vinaigrette to keep it light

Post a Comment

previous next