Monday, August 12, 2013

Procrastination

It is Monday and the last full week of summer before the monkeys I have been keeping at home return to their regularly scheduled programming.  Normally, I would be jumping for joy but this summer just wasn't long enough.  I am not ready for early mornings, daily practices, homework, making lunches and not having them around.  The entire thing is throwing me off.  

We are spending this last week of summer out in the desert in 100 degree heat because, well, it is tradition.  We do it every year and I always look forward to it.  Should I be getting ready for school to start?  Probably.  Do I care?  Nope.  We will figure it out I am sure.  This is obviously the confidence of a mother who has been through this before but continues to fail to realize that prepping does help out and will shortly resemble a chicken with its head cut off. 

So here I am, sitting in the desert, procrastinating.  I should be creating and sending the invitation for my Middle Man's upcoming birthday party, completing some items for an upcoming charity event I am Chairing, beginning the planning of my upcoming 35th birthday party (I must tell you that I accidentally typed in 25 there...my brain is obviously in denial of my age) or simply organizing what we need to do next week.  That was my original plan for signing on to the computer.  Instead, in true Sarah fashion, I have put this all off to peruse Piperlime and now I adore these two items.
      
7 For All Mankind High Shine Skinny Jeans
Jack by BB Dakota Clooney Wrap Sweater

Anyone else plan on being productive but then are tempting by too many websites that have too many fun things to look at?  In 100 degree temperatures, there really is no reason for me to be looking at either of these items.  This is true.  BUT, I would like to think of this as prepping so I am prepared and obviously, being extremely productive.  Who wants to get stuck in the middle of Fall without shiny jeans and an oversized sweater?  That is just poor planning.   

Happy Monday.

Post a Comment

previous next