Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Where You At?


It has been a while since I have given an update on this thing we call "parenting" so I thought I would give it a whirl.

Yesterday the Oldest asked about A-Rod.  With all the Sports Center he watches, I was curious as to whether he would ever take notice of his suspension or look right past it.  It seems he takes it all in and wanted to ask some questions about the whole thing.  It was the first time we have been faced with someone our son looks up to falling from grace and him acknowledging that they did something wrong.    I do wish that we would have brought it up first and next time I will.  If he would not have asked, we would have never had the opportunity to talk about this and we should.  He is 9 in November and the world around is becoming more and more exposed to him.  Time for us to stop being naive about what he does and doesn't see and hear.    

The Middle Man is in one of my favorite stages.  He is in the "Mom, will you cuddle with me?" stage and I LOVE IT.  He loves to just sit with me on the couch and it is one of my most favorite things to do in the morning.  He continues to struggle with his anxiety but he has also come so far that I know it is going to simply be a continued effort for us all and probably always will be.  We have also entered the "every potty word is the funniest word ever and so I am going to say it all the time, no matter where we are..." stage.  Let me tell you.  There is nothing like your son yelling out "butts! boobs!" at a museum.  It is awesome.

The hubby saw a post on Facebook the other day that said, "The Terrible Twos are just a precursor to the Terrorist Threes".  When I spent 2am to 5am arguing with Baby Girl to go back to sleep on Saturday night as she screamed that she was not tired, I would now say WE ARE THERE!  The girl wants it her way and that is the only option right now.  It is pretty amazing how stubborn she actually is.  I will admit, she is a Mini-Me....for sure.  It just gets hard arguing with your three year old self.  On the flip side, when she is not pissed off, she is the sweetest little thing who loves to play dolls, brush my hair and dance like it is nobody's business.  

So there is a little glimpse of where we are.  I swear, no matter how many years I do this parenting thing, just when I think I have got it, I am thrown another curve ball.  That is what makes it so fun though isn't it?  Who wants same old, same old?  That would just be boring.

Post a Comment

previous next