Monday, February 17, 2014

Dinner with Friends


In our crazy scheduled world, there seems to be no time for simply enjoying other people's company.  We so often run from one event to the next and forget that the meaning of life is not how many sports are kids are involved in, how many things we can volunteer for and how many hours we can work.  The true meaning is developing lasting relationships with people who make you better, support you through the ups and downs of life and become family, not just friends.

As I mentioned at the beginning of the year, my resolution this year is to create more moments like this, slowing down the schedule and making time to gather around the table with special people in our life.  Saturday night was our first attempt and what a night it was.

Babysitters were booked, the menu was planned and we spent 7 uninterrupted hours with some incredible friends.  I honestly cannot tell you all the topics that filled these 7 hours but I do know that I have not laughed that much in a long time.  I also know that no one wanted it to end, leading to me finally getting into bed at 2am.  It was wonderful.  And exactly what the hubby and I intended when began planning.  I cannot wait to do it again.

And thank goodness today is a holiday because this 35 year old cannot bounce back like she used to be able to.

The resolution is off to a good start and such a special reminder of what is really important in life.  
I am already looking forward to the next dinner.

And of course, it wouldn't be a holiday weekend without some great sales across the internet.  Piperlime has a great selection of new Spring pieces and is offering 25% off these items with code HAPPY from now until February 18th.  I have picked out some of my favorites below.

Post a Comment

previous next