Friday, February 21, 2014

Weekend


Reality is always more interesting than fiction.

Over the past few months, I have taken a detour from my traditional fiction reads and have become consumed with autobiographies.

We know where so many "famous" people have ended up but rarely do we acknowledge where they started.

So far, I have loved books by Diane Vreeland, Rob Lowe, Simon Doonan and Diane von Furstenberg.  I am currently reading Grace by Grace Coddington, the Creative Director at Vogue and it just might be my favorite.  

I find how people began in their careers absolutely fascinating and love the tell-tale story that success is NEVER handed to you.  Plus, the fashion world is CA-RAZY and the stories these individuals tell are priceless.  

Are there any autobiographies that you have read that are a must?  
I would love to hear!

If you missed it this week...
We spent the day at this Orange County favorite...
I admired some Street Style...
I shared a new obsession...

Happy Weekend.

Post a Comment

previous next