Friday, February 28, 2014

Weekend


On Wednesday, a situation left a bad taste in my mouth.  I won't go into details but here is the jist.  I told someone that something they did was inappropriate.  They absolutely did not like to hear that and the response was extremely rude and disrespectful.  Normally, I would let this eat me alive.  It would bother me and I would become more infuriated and probably say things I shouldn't because, well, I tend to have a temper.  But I didn't.  I just realized that in the grand scheme of life, it was just not worth engaging in.  My desire to stay away from negativity and worry led me to simply, shut my mouth, walk away and not worry about it again.  And since it did leave me with a yucky feeling, I figured my only option was to do something good.  So, I walked over to the One Good Deed a Day diary I was given for my birthday back in September and decided to start giving it a try.  One year of good deeds, one done each day.  Flipping through I realized how crazy easy so many of them are and that I should have started this a long time ago.  I instantly felt better and this only confirms that when we see negativity, we have two options.  To allow it to fester within ourselves, growing from nothing into a monster, or simply choosing not to let it get to us and move on with a smile.

If you missed it this week...
I tried looking better naked...   
I finally cooked again...
I bailed on Wednesday...

Happy Weekend.

4 comments

  1. Sarah, This post made my Friday! Way to turn a bad situation into a good! xo T~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so my biggest challenge...not letting other people get to me. My New Year's resolution was to get better at it, but it's so hard. I keep starting sentences, like: "I know I'm not supposed to let this kind of stuff bother me, but..." I was just thinking I need a book or a plan to help me get on a better track. Thx for sharing...and sorry that person was a jerk to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard isn't it?! I wish I could say that I handle every situation like this the same but that would just not be true. I really dislike how often I let certain things get to me. Baby steps right? This book is awesome though. Such a small thing to help refocus my thoughts to good rather than negative. XX

      Delete

previous next