Look 1: Casual weekend wear
- White v-neck tees are a basic wardrobe builder. You can wear them with skirts, jeans, under blazers...you name it. The key is a v-neck vs. a round neck. You want the V so it shows more skin and elongates you, especially if you're petite. The high round neck just visually cuts you off at your neck.
- Skinny jeans are also a must-have because they are the one pair of jeans that you can wear with any heel height. Buy them with a bit of stretch for comfort and I prefer an actual jean over a legging because it's more versatile.
- Riding boots in taupe are more unexpected than a cognac, brown, or black, though a cognac tall boot is an essential in the fall.
- Accessorize with a snakeskin cuff trimmed in gold and structured handbag.
- Color blocking is all over the place this fall and not just limited to one piece. You can color block by wearing one solid color piece and pairing it back with another complimentary color. There are really no "rules" for picking colors. You can stick with shades of one color (like this dress) or you can pick two colors opposite each other on the color wheel (like blue and orange).
- When it doubt, belt it out! Wear the fur vest over the dress and belt it closed. It will give you back a waist and balance out a full, fluffy top. The vest and belt add dimension and interest to your look.
- To add a touch of lady chic, wear black suede t-strap heels and opaque tights if your legs need more coverage on cool nights.
Thank you, Sarah, for having me! Have a wonderful vacation!